Vendaje Optic Amniotic Membrane
Vendaje Optic™ is a dehydrated, extracellular membrane allograft derived from human amniotic tissue for use as a scaffold for ocular repair. The allograft is derived from human placental tissue, preserved to maintain the structural properties of the attractive, biologically active elements present in tissue regeneration.
Vendaje Optic™ is made up of three layers: epithelium, basement membrane, and stroma. Several types of collagen make up the basement membrane, including type VII collagen, which is also present in the conjunctival and corneal basement membranes. The stroma of Vendaje Optic™ can be subdivided further into a compact layer, a fibroblast layer, and an outer spongy layer.
VENDAJE OPTIC ™
Several characteristics contribute to the efficacy of Vendaje Optic™ in treating ocular surface problems. First, Vendaje Optic™ acts as a physical barrier to protect conjunctival and corneal epithelium as it heals, and it reduces pain caused by friction of the eyelids over the surface. In addition, the basement membrane promotes epithelial growth through cell migration, adhesion, and differentiation, while also inhibiting cell death. Furthermore, the stroma of Vendaje Optic™, which contains fetal hyaluronic acid, inhibits fibroblast growth and reduces inflammation through decreased expression of cytokines.
- Collection of the donor tissue is performed in an aseptic manner by appropriately licensed tissue establishments
- Placentas are all from planned C-sections which helps minimize the potential for contamination during recovery
- Placental donors go through a rigorous pre-screening qualification
- Placentas donors are tested to confirm they are free from disease
- Processed in accordance with the safety guidelines provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Human Cellular Tissue-based Products (HCT/P) (21 CFR Part 1271)
- Processed in accordance with the standards from the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
Vendaje Optic™ is universally tolerated due to its lack of histocompatibility
antigens HLA-A, B, or DR; it can be implanted without concern for rejection.
Vendaje Optic™ is available in sizes ranging from 8mm to 12mm
VENDAJE OPTIC ™
- Dry eye
- Inflammatory condition of the eyeball
- Post LASEK
- Corneal abrasions
- Acute Chemical/Thermal Burns
- Non-Healing Epithelial Defects
- Single amniotic membrane layer
- Contains full spectrum of growth factors
- 150 microns in thickness
- Bioscaffold containing extracellular matrix
- High tensile strength
- Anti-fibrotic and anti-adhesion barrier
- Moderate levels of fibronectin and lamin
- No immune rejection