Vendaje™ AMNIOTIC MEMBRANE
Vendaje™ is an amniotic allograft membrane, derived from human placental tissue, preserved to maintain the structural properties of the biologically active elements present in tissue regeneration. The amniotic membrane consists of a single layer of cuboidal epithelial cells firmly adhered to a thick basement membrane, which is attached to an avascular stromal layer. The cells in these layers produce biological factors such as lamin, proteoglycans, growth factors, hyaluronic acid and bronectin that contribute to the therapeutic benefits of the placental tissue allograft.
The bioscaffold of the ECM contains collagens 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, providing tensile strength to tissues and an environment for healthy well organized tissue to develop minimizing adhesions, fibrosis and scarring. The cytokine TGF-B suppresses pro-inflammatory interleukins and inhibiting Matric Metalloproteinases (MMPs), coupled with the presence of integrins and definsins create an anti-inflammatory environment that reduces inflammation and reducing risk of infection on wounds and surgical sites.
Vendaje™ is easy to apply, either topically or intra-operatively and adheres well with no glue or sutures necessary, the allograft is held in place by hydrostatic tension. Vendaje™ is also thin, lightweight, and elastic at 150 microns thick, making it suitable for a range of therapeutic applications.
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
Vendaje™ bonds with wounds by forming fibrin-elastin at the wound-dressing interface. This ensures excellent wound adherence and creates a moist environment that protects exposed nerve endings from irritants, providing pain relief, and creating an ideal environment for the regeneration at the surface of the wound. In addition, the amnion layers make an excellent vapor barrier, preventing fluid loss from excessive evaporation from the wound surface. The associated factors in the membrane matrix also promote angiogenesis and neovascularization, which further promotes healing.
- Collection of the donor tissue is performed in an aseptic manner by appropriately licensed tissue establishments
- Placentas are all from planned C-sections which helps minimize the potential for contamination during recovery
- Placental donors go through a rigorous pre-screening qualification
- Placentas donors are tested to confirm they are free from disease
- Processed in accordance with the safety guidelines provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Human Cellular Tissue-based Products (HCT/P) (21 CFR Part 1271)
- Processed in accordance with the standards from the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
Vendaje™ is sterilized post-packaging via ebeam sterilization and has a shelf life of 2 years from the date of processing. Vendaje™ comes in a ranges of sizes from 1x1cm up to 4x8cm. This means you can order only what you need for the procedure, reducing waste and saving money.
- Single amniotic membrane layer
- Contains full spectrum of growth factors
- 150 microns in thickness
- Bioscaffold containing extracellular matrix
- High tensile strength
- Anti-fibrotic and anti-adhesion barrier
- Moderate levels of fibronectin and lamin
- Full Range of Sizes